Open all year round
Open Wed-Sun, 11am-4pm during exhibitions
Enjoy world-class art in the intimate setting of the Granary Gallery
The Granary Gallery is part of a collection of three venues managed by The Maltings (Berwick) Trust Ltd, including the Gymnasium Gallery and The Maltings Theatre.
The Granary Gallery can be found on the 2nd Floor of Berwick YHA off Dewar’s Lane and houses a temporary programme of exhibitions throughout the year with a focus on modern British art and artists who have been inspired by Northumberland and the Scottish borders
Previous exhibitions have included Scottish Colourists from The Fleming Collection, Turner: Northern Exposure, The Glasgow Boys & Girls and LS Lowry in Berwick & Northumberland.
Originally known as Dewar’s Lane Granary, the building was built 1769, part of a densely-packed concentration of narrow streets and alleyways within Berwick’s Elizabethan Quay Walls. It was badly damaged by fire early in 1815 , but continued to be used as a granary up until 1985 before it fell into disrepair.
It was refurbished by Berwick-upon-Tweed Preservation Trust and re-opened in 2010 with a youth hostel, bistro, seminar and meeting rooms and the Granary Gallery.
Disabled parking in Bridge Street Car Park
Ramped access. Adapted toilet
Lift to gallery on second floor
Guide dogs are welcome YHA Granary Bistro on ground floor